Water Jet Cutting: Technology.
Cutting your parts using abrasive waterjet is straightforward:
- Material is positioned on the cutting table slats and secured
- A .DXF file of the desired part is loaded into the operating console (this drawing file can be sent by you simply by email, or we can generate this for you)
- The starting and stopping points and the sequence of the cut or cuts is selected by the operator using the software.
- The material type and thickness is entered into the controller. Feed rates and cutting speeds are automatically calculated, depending on the geometry of the part. The cutting speed can be altered for parts that will require additional machining, through to finished parts off our machine.
- We're ready to cut, and make the part to tolerances of around 0.008" or 0.2mm.
The beauty of abrasive waterjet: perfect curves, complex joints, seamless combinations of materials. Waterjet cutting helps unlock the design potential of many materials.
Aerospace to Architecture. Electrical Engineering to Tiling. Precision Engineering to Landscape Gardening. Food processing to Interior Design From Gaskets to Glass. Whatever your industry or application, we have the experience and technology to cut for you.